Just a day after releasing the new battle royale mode for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Valve has dropped an update that solves a few important issues that cropped up with the December 6 update.
After much speculation, Valve dropped a bomb on the CS:GO community in the form of a huge December 6 update that not only introduced the new battle royale mode, Danger Zone, but also made the game free-to-play.
Along with that update, though, a few issues popped up that needed immediate addressing, which led to the December 7 update to clean things up a bit.
While the patch isn’t very long, it nonetheless was important for Valve to get ahead of some of these issues as soon as they could.
One of the most important issues addressed centers around bullet penetration, as it was found that it was behaving as it should. This update fixes and regression that was occurring, allowing gunplay to get back to normal.
For non-Danger Zone players, the molotov received a small adjustment to fix an issue that was causing it to not detonate in mid-air in other game modes.
In addition to these fixes, Valve included a number of other minor UI adjustments for Danger Zone and fix crashing on Intel GPUs.
You can find the full patch notes for the December 7 update below:
[ RENDERING ]
– Fixed graphics regression that caused smoke and molotov particle effects to appear fully transparent.
– Fixed client crash on startup on Intel GPUs.
– New users now default to Borderless Windowed mode.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Fixed ‘self-boost’ movement regression.
– Fixed players not respawning on round restart if they were in the middle of jumping up onto a platform that would force them to duck.
– Fixed bullet penetration damage regression.
– Fixed molotov not detonating in mid air in non DZ modes.
[ CS:GODZ ]
– The winner of the match now watches their victory from the perspective of the runner up.
– In duo and trio matches teammates are now notified with an onscreen alert if one of them dies.
– Adjusted–and added volume slider for–winner music.
– Recent Teammates now shows teammates from Danger Zone matches.
– Players searching count now shows correct number of people searching for Danger Zone matches.
[ DANGER ZONE ]
– Fixed an issue in squad mode that caused the winning squad to not be able to play again from the victory screen.
– Added correct localizations for kills by Frag Grenade, Diversion Device, and Fire Bomb.
– Fixed a regression with motion blur graphics settings.
– Optimized memory usage when not playing Danger Zone.
[ COMMUNITY SERVERS ]
– Added a setting “sv_prime_accounts_only”. When enabled, only prime accounts can connect to the game server.
– Added console commands to support Danger Zone squads:
— sv_dz_team_count N : set DZ team size to N players per squad.
— sv_dz_jointeam_allowed 1: enable users to choose their own squad during warmup via dz_jointeam.
— sv_dz_autojointeam 0: disable players from automatically being assigned a squad when they join the server.
— dz_clearteams – remove players from all squads.
— dz_shuffle_teams – shuffle all players onto random squads.
— dz_jointeam N : Join squad #N (0 = none, valid squads range from 1 to 9).
— dz_jointeam N : Server admins only – assign a player to a particular squad. Doesn’t require sv_dz_jointeam_allowed.
– dz_jointeam only works during warmup. Use dz_clearteams / sv_dz_autojointeam 0 with care — all players must be assigned a valid squad when the game starts.